There are several reasons why LED lighting is far superior to traditional lighting and listed below are ten reasons that should encourage you to make the switch to LED with saving money on your electricity bill as reason number one.
- Energy SavingsLED screw-in light bulbs are very efficient. They use approximately 90% less electricity than incandescent light bulbs and 15% less electricity than CFL light bulbs.
- Wattage ReductionTraditional Outdoor lighting consumes a lot of electricity. LED parking lot lights and LED wall packs use 80% less wattage than conventional fixtures.
- Quality LightingLED light bulbs and fixtures produce the highest quality light out of all the available options.
- LifespanCommercial LED light bulbs have a lifespan of 50,000 to 100,000 hours which will result in lower maintenance and replacement costs.
- Color ChoicesLED bulbs come in various colors ranging from soft white to daylight.
- DurabilityMost LED light bulbs are made of tough plastics and without filaments so they can withstand harsh treatment.
- Instant OnLED light bulbs power up instantly to full brightness and constant on and off switching does not cause harm to the lighting device.
- Focused LightingLED light bulbs are not omni-directional which means that they will only focus light on the intended area which reduces the chance of light being wasted on the ceiling or other areas.
- No UV & IR emissionsLED’s do not emit UV or infrared light and that is why they are an excellent choice for art galleries since they will not cause precious artwork to fade.
- Environmentally FriendlyLED light bulbs are manufactured without hazardous materials such as mercury which means they can be discarded in landfills without any adverse effects.